Wilson ASPIRE serves students with a variety of educational needs that cannot successfully be addressed in a general education building.
These needs may include: significant intellectual delays, serious medical issues, autism and other syndromes. The students' disabilities severely impact their academic, communication, sensory and independent functioning and may present behavioral challenges.
The Wilson ASPIRE community believes:
- Every student, no matter how severe his/her disability, is capable of living, working and using community resources.
- Programming includes direct preparation for participation in activities of daily life to the greatest extent possible
- Community experiences are essential elements for an appropriate education
- Independence and participation are educational goals. Students will not be excluded from an activity because they are unable to function independently.
We believe there are four areas crucial to the underlying education of our students.
The ability to:
- Be socially appropriate
- Be as independent as possible
- Utilize free time purposefully and meaningfully (rec/leisure)
Wilson ASPIRE's dedicated staff provide daily, intensive programming to help each student reach his/her potential.